From cost to convenience – train trips are a great mode of travelling in style. Rail travel in India offers stunning views of mountains, serene countryside, meandering tunnels and picturesque valleys on your way to reach the destination. In short, travelling by train makes you fall in love with the journey as much as with the destination. Indian Railways makes every effort to ensure that tourists have some unique experience while travelling. Have a look at these special trains initiated by Indian Railways that will change your notion of train travel.
- Luxury Trains: If you have money to splurge and want to explore India in style, do indulge in a luxury train trip. These trips offer every indulgence imaginable and are an excellent way to travel without having to compromise on comfort. Offering luxury at its best, these trains can give premium hotels a run for their money, in terms of glamour and service. The list of luxury trains include Golden Chariot, Maharajas’ Express, Deccan Odyssey, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels and Palace on Wheels. You can opt foronline ticket booking in advance to avoid last minute hassles.
- Toy Trains: These small trains run mostly in hill stations and are a great way to explore the azure mountains, tranquil valleys and gushing streams. The narrow-gauge lines, picturesque view of the mountains and valleys complement the crawling speed of the carriages. These journeys have an old-world charm and you can enjoy them in Kalka-Shimla route, Kangra, Darjeeling, Nilgiri and Matheran. Since there is a huge rush during holiday seasons, it is advisable to do priortrainticket bookings so that you do not miss this splendid opportunity.
- Desert Train: Desert Circuit train was introduced to promote desert tourism, offering travellers an affordable and expedient way of taking a trip around the desert cities of Jaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. This all-inclusive package train tour departs from Delhi and takes you to a breath-taking journey across ancient Rajput forts, exquisite architecture and impeccable desert culture. To get further information related to timing and Live Ntes running statusof Desert Circuit Train you need to check IRCTC website.
- Mahaparinirvan Express: As you embark on this special train, you are taken on a spiritual ride across Buddhist pilgrimage sites. Inaugurated in 2007, the train’s sacred journey includes places like Bodh Gaya in Bihar, Lumbini, Varanasi and Kushinagar. For more train details and ntes running status you are recommended to visit the IRCTC website.
- Tiger Express: This semi-luxury tourist train is designed to create awareness regarding wildlife in India, especially tigers. The train includes a dining car, bathroom with shower and a small library. Flagged in 2016, the train tour was launched to give an experience of wildlife of Madhya Pradesh, but the itinerary has been revised to visit Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan along with Udaipur and Chittorgarh. The IRCTC website provides detailed information related to train fare and train schedule.
- Fairy Queen Steam Express: Known as the oldest rolling locomotive of the world, Fairy Queen is registered as the heritage train. Dating back to 1854, during East India Company era, the train was refurbished by Indian Railways in 1997 and runs twice a month from October to April. The train takes passengers on a heritage trip till Alwar and also visits the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary. To know about train schedule and other details, you can check the super cool ixigo app!
A ride on these trains is assured to provide an unforgettable experience. So get aboard and enjoy the ride of a lifetime!