Electricity is one of the major parts of our lifestyle. It powers several important equipment in this world. Without electricity, we cannot perform many essential tasks. Electronic devices needed to be used with proper rules and guidelines for their effective working. These are known as standards for electricity that helps us in understanding the various usage and safety policies of an electronic device.
The major standards in this category belong to the following domains:
- Components for electrical equipment
- Electric traction equipment Including railway electric fixed installations, Non-electric railway tractive stock
- Electrical accessories
- Electrical engineering in general Including voltages, general electrical terminology, electrical documentation, electrical tables, safety, fire hazard testing, etc.
- Electrical equipment for working in special conditions
- Electrical wires and cables
- Galvanic cells and batteries
- Insulating fluids
- Insulating materials
- Insulation (Insulating materials & Insulating fluids)
- Lamps and related equipment
- Magnetic materials (Steels with special magnetic properties)
- Power transmission and distribution networks (Electricity supply systems in buildings)
- Converters. Stabilized power supply Including semiconductor converters
- Rotating machinery
- Semiconducting materials
- Superconductivity and conducting materials
- Switchgear and control gear
- Transformers, Reactors, Instrument transformers
The standards are created to use the devices to their best effect and keep them from the following hazards:
- Short Circuits
- Voltage Drops
Electric current can prove to be a life-threatening thing if it touches any human. The shock can make people paralyze or worse can cause death of people. Therefore, having the sufficient and correct knowledge on how to safely operate the various electrical and electronic devices is a must. It only takes a matter of seconds to for electricity to cause major accidents.
Many organizations in the world have expertise in standards. They have a great team of researchers and technicians that test various parameters of electrical and electronic devices to come with these standards. It is a time-consuming task. However, the work they are doing is hardly noticeable by common people. Despite such negligence, they are doing their best to provide as much relevant information as they can to spread awareness about the fair and safe use of electricity and its various devices.
These organizations provide the aforementioned standards and others such as switchgear standards at fair prices. Having the mention of standards in your electrical/electronic devices, help build trust among your customers resulting in great sales. Just contact the concerned organizations to get the best deal on such types of standards.